Monday, July 18, 2011

#Diabetes Week 26

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:00 a.m.
All numbers were pretty darn good last week. I'm doing okay keeping this disease in it's place. I know that won't always be the case so I will enjoy these days while I can. 


I have decided that sugar-free ice cream is just not as good as the real thing, but I'll get by. Skinny Cow actually has a smoother texture than the Blue Bunny I tried. And I can't really speak for the texture of the Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla since I have only used it in Root Beer Floats (with A&W Diet Root Beer - so cute in old fashioned brown plastic long-necks!).  But, considering my love for ice cream I will stick with these sugar-free/carb smart options and maybe one day I won't notice the differences anymore.


Read the following article and decided to buy some almonds and pistachios. I have eaten some of them, but TBH, if I am really hungry for a snack a handful of nuts didn't cut it. I need something with some substance, like pop-corn or pork rinds. I will nibble them when I'm watching TV though, At least that will get some of their "good" qualities in me. 


Good article on eating nuts to help control T2:



Eating Nuts Daily Could Help Control Type 2 Diabetes and Prevent Complications

ScienceDaily (July 12, 2011) — Eating nuts every day could help control Type 2 diabetes and prevent its complications, according to new research from St. Michael's Hospital and the University of Toronto.







READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment