Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 141

10:00 a.m.
So far so good, but what do I know? I haven't tested BG for today yet. I guess at this point I will test supper since I tested lunch yesterday and didn't think to get the fasting or the post-breakfast check today.

I have enjoyed my Skinny Cow Ice Cream for my night-time snack, but, they are not totally without fault. Health-wise - better than regular ice cream, but probably not the best option. I will still keep an eye open for a good Diabetic friendly homemade ice cream recipe and for a store bought diabetic friendly ice cream. 

In the meantime, I can always enjoy my Strawberry Trifle I made from the recipe my daughter got from a co-worker who makes it for her own mother who has Diabetes. It is super simple and super good! Here, try it:

Sugar-Free Angel Food Cake (got mine in the bakery of my local Publix Grocery)
Sugar-Free Vanilla Pudding, instant kind (I made it with whole milk, but next time I think I will try it with Almond Milk)
Sugar-Free Strawberry Glaze (got this at Publix also, it was right there where the fresh strawberries were)
Fresh Strawberries - sliced to a decent bite size works best)
Sugar-Free Cool Whip

Break the Sugar-Free Angel Food cake into chunks
         I think my daughter broke it into about 1.5 inch chunks but I broke it into bite size.
Place the cake in the bottom of a Trifle bowl
        or, like we did, a plastic bowl that has a cover so it can be refrigerated.
Prepare Sugar-Free Pudding according to direction & pour over the cake chunks.
Mix sliced strawberries with Sugar-Free Strawberry Glaze and pour over the pudding
        the strawberry glaze is nice and thick so I had to spread it out to cover the 
        pudding. 
        I will suggest you look for the strawberry glaze because it worked really well. 
        My daughter made her own strawberry glaze with Truvia and it kinda broke down 
        and became too thin and watery.
Top with Sugar-free Cool Whip and refrigerate until ready to serve.

It is delicious! Really refreshing - not quite ice-cream, but a really good option! 

I will work on nutritional calculations later and update this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment