Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 144

3:30 p.m.
Not much going on. I had Fiber One cereal for breakfast and tested post-breakfast. Number was high, 194, but not as high as the last flavor of Fiber One. The Honey Cluster flavor seemed to make my BG higher (243) than the Caramel Delight flavor. 


Next week I want to run a test. I want to check my BG before eating, 1.5 hour after eating and the next day test before eating and during the 1.5 hour time frame while I wait to test post breakfast I want to go ahead and exercise. I'm curious if that is a good game plan to counter the effects of cereal on my BG. 


I know exercise causes a significant drop in my glucose number. If I exercise during the 1.5 hour interval between breakfast and post-meal test, does the glucose drop from exercise offset the glucose increase caused by the cereal in the overall scope of things? Or, is the cereal increase still going to negatively impact my A1c regardless? Now, that second one is a question for my doctor.


I generally wait until after my breakfast post-meal test to start exercise because I did not want to glucose drop from exercise to alter and perhaps skew my test result, but if countering the glucose rise with the exercise drop is more beneficial then I will change when I start my exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment