Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 146 #diabetes

9:00 a.m.
Am I crazy to want to test more often than once a day? I feel as if I'm missing a "big picture" of my control, but my doctor said I only "need" to test once a day. I will think about whether I want to address these feelings with him before my next appointment in November, or wait until November to see if my A1c stays good. If it does not stay as good I can double up my low-carb effort and get it back down (I think, but then again . . . as I understand it Diabetes is a progressive disease and what works now may not always work, so I may be shooting myself int he foot if I wait.)


And worry? Does worry affect my BG? Stress does and I kinda put stress and worry in the same category. My husband says (well, actually, a lot of people say) I worry too much. But how does one make themselves stop - it is a subconscious, automatic reaction I have. Hubby dear found an article in the paper and had me visit their website to take a quiz titled "Are You a World Class Worrier". I took the quiz and got a result of: Worrier With a Plan based on: 69% - Worrier With a Plan; 15% - Worry-free; 15%  World-class Worrier



It said: Your Personality Type: Worrier With a Plan


Worrier With a Plan - 69%
Worrier With a Plan:Well, you're not turning pro just yet, but you've got potential. You can imagine a bad scenario, but you usually have a plan to deal with it. And, that's a great thing. One of the best ways to ease your worries is to take action. Whether it's creating a place to put your keys or calling a lawyer when you when the lottery, a plan of action is a great way to ease your anxiety.

Worry-free - 15%
Worry-free: You could've written that song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy." You've got a great ability to imagine the best possible outcome, instead of the worst. Now, occasionally, a little worry is a good thing. (It might be a good idea to check on that elderly relative who doesn't answer the phone, for example.) But, generally your relaxed attitude will probably serve you well.


World-class Worrier - 15%
World-class Worrier: If worrying were a sport, you could turn pro. You've got a long list of worst-case scenarios lined up and ready to go at a moment's notice. This kind of worry can lead to a lot of unnecessary stress. Next time you start to spin out the worst possibilities, stop, take a breath and resolve to get the facts, and then make a plan, instead of worrying first. 

So, a Catch-22, if I worry about it I make it worse and if I don't worry about it then I will be worried about not having my numbers in as good a control as I want. 


(note my hashtag in the title? I decided to hashtag it since Networked Blogs pushes it to my Twitter for me - the hashtag will make it available to others searching diabetes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment