Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 13

10:30
Blood Glucose is good. In fact it is good enough that when I emailed my weekly log to my doctor yesterday afternoon he actually replied and said I could reduce the nighttime injection from 30 units to 20 units. It's a shame I didn't check email until after I had already done the (;)0 injection last night. But, yay me, 10 units less tonight! :)

And who would have thought a doctor would be checking his email late on a Friday afternoon? I was impressed with that!

So, this morning I thought it would be good to get my 5 y.o. granddaughter to do a bit on the Wii Fit. Wow, what a wimpy kid she is! First issue was she was very impatient during the set-up where the little Wii Board guy (or maybe gal) calculated her BMI (which was really great! 15 point something) and weighed her. And once we actually got in the program she was ready to quit after 1 round of soccer and 1 free run, which came with a whole other issue and that being that she has a hard time running in place. I had to back her up half a dozen times because she had crossed the span of 4 feet and was nose-to-nose with he TV. We moved on to the Penguin game and she was okay with that, but still, she was ready to quit after just 3 tries with the Penguins. Maybe if I can get her to try a few more times she will build up some strength, willingness, whatever it is that takes away the wimpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment