Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 9

8:00
Another good BG check, but my 9:00 last night was 124 so while I still have a streak of 11 in a row below 200, my streak for 120 or below is reset to . . . 1. But I'm still very happy with below 200's for the injection factor :D

Wasn't happy with my breakfast today though. In an attempt to reduce fats (as well as carbs) I decided to try alternating my pre-made breakfast bowls with some cereal. I spent a lot of time in the store yesterday reading dozens of cereal nutrition labels and since Lucky Charms doesn't seem to be a good option, even though it is my lifetime favorite cereal, I settled on Special K Blueberry. It was okay. Not really filling and not really satisfying. And I had to eat 2 servings because the stupid stuff calls 3/4 cup a serving. 3/4 of a cup?? Seriously? I mean, pour that 3/4 of a cup in a bowl and that's what my 5 y.o. granddaughter would eat, and probably ask for something else to eat!  And, while I like fresh blueberries, these blueberries weren't even blueberries! They were little dark speckles all over the flakes, kinda like the flakes had some dread disease. You could hardly taste blueberry! Well, I think I may try Honey Nut Cheerio's next round since it also suppose to be good for the cholesterol.

As for yesterday's Wii exercises, so far no muscles calling me names, so I obviously did not push myself too far, I just hope I pushed far enough. This afternoon I will add more time to my free walk session . . . and try harder to feed my penguins in the balance game. I will save my game sessions till the last so I can reward myself for walking up and down on and off the Wii board. Oh, and I failed to mention yesterday that when I set up the program the Wii board weighed me and calculated my BMI! And as if that wasn't bad enough it actually had the audacity to alter my little mii character and make her fat! Fortunately the little mii character was a slim trim cute little mii again by the time we got to the exercise routines.

6:00
BG is still good :)
Found a couple of recipes I'm going to try - hope they turn out good. One is for a snack - all it will be is cheese cooked in the oven into little crunchy wafers. I need to find a hard Parmesan cheese - think I will check the Publix deli. I really need some crunchy and salty or crunchy and spicy snacks. Sweet is not so much an issue, I find I prefer salty.


And my little Wii penguins got a few more fishes today. And I still only did the 10 minute walk, but I did increase  the pace slightly so I did 920 steps in stead of 800. If I had just increased the walk time I would have had to go from 10 minutes to 20 minutes and I know I'm not up to a 20 minute non-stop. I guess if I were at a mall and looking at people and windows at  the same time I could do the 20 minutes okay, but not just walking in my den.

No comments:

Post a Comment