Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 5

9:30
Woke up to a good start. This is the second day I woke before my 8:00 alarm and I am so happy for that since over the past couple of months my waking time had slowly been slipping away from where I prefer it to be. I mean, seriously, I didn't retire to sleep my days away! But what was I to do? I was always so tired all I knew to do was sleep. But waking between 7 and 8 is only part of what made this a good morning. I checked my BG at 8:00 and had my 3rd reading in a row that was under 200! That is good because as long as it is under 200 I do NOT have to give myself an injection of Humalog. Of course the middle reading was my bedtime reading last night & I did have to give myself the Lantus injection regardless of the BG number . . . but it's all good. :D

And, just a note - I decided to start publishing my daily post as I type it up rather than wait until the end of the day tho push it to publish. I will still publish 1 post per day, but I will update that one post as I add more stuff through the day.

1:30
My 11:00 number was back up and broke my roll of under 200's, but it was not bad (well, not bad if you compare it to the 612 I was Monday afternoon - lol). Had a very good lunch but found I could not finish my plate so I think that is a good thing. Knowing I would not eat all I had I pushed myself to finish the salad and lean meat and save half of my corn for another meal. And it was a small corn on the cob - one of those half ear's of sweet corn. So that made me feel good. 

Well, spent my morning reading tons of more information on several Diabetes sites so I think it's time to treat myself to some recliner time. And since I seem to have slept wrong and have a small crick in my neck I'm going to take a muscle relaxer and apply my heating pad to the neck. I will try to read and hope I don't fall asleep once I get all snuggle-y (yeah, one of my made up words) comfortable.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know...I Love you! Keep posting...everyday it get's a little easier to live with!

    ReplyDelete