Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 107

7:35 p.m.
Fasting was 104 but that promptly shot up to 164 after I ate oatmeal for breakfast. I then went on an internet search for why oatmeal, something that is suppose to be good for me, is doing that to my BG and found an article that says instant oatmeal is not good for the BG. They recommend "Old fashioned rolled oats, Irish oats, or steel cut oats". Hmmm, I know what Old fashioned rolled oats are (I think - I know what it is IF it is just the old fashioned oatmeal that you had to actually cook on the stove), but I really don't want to have to go through all that rig-a-ma-role just for nasty ole' oatmeal that I hate anyway. Not to mention the extra mess to clean up from that. And my bet is irish oats or steel cut oats are of the same nature and would require the mess of the old fashioned cooking. drat and double drat. 


Might just have to accept a high breakfast number and work extra hard to keep the other meals BG checks lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment