Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 109

4:00 p.m.
Fasting BG was 108, Took yesterdays post-breakfast so I took post lunch today. I did some damage with lunch today, but I won't beat myself up over it. And I knew I was going to have a high number when I decided what I wanted for lunch. I have not had a Milo's burger and fries since before I was diagnosed back in January and I love Milo's, I love that there burger patties are thin and always done through and through. I love that they lightly toast the top of the bun. I love that they always make the burger with a patty and a chunk of another patty. I love the orange salty powder they coat the fries in. But most of all I LOVE their sauce! So today I had a cheeseburger, a small order of fries (the most fries I have eaten at one time since my dx) and an extra Milo sauce for dipping my fries in. It was YUMMY!! My treat for all my hard work yesterday & today working on my entertainment unit clean-up project.


And, hubby finally (after several prompts from me) called the doctor to find out about his A1c test from last week. They said he is pre-diabetic and that they will be keeping an eye on it. They said he needs to watch his carb intake and that he can reverse it at this point. He has decided he will switch from regular beer to light beer. Oooo-Kaaay! That may well be the bulk of his problem, but then again, he does like potatoes an awful lot. I can't impose rules and diet on him, he is a big boy & needs to take responsibility for his choices and actions. He can choose to eat what I choose to eat and be okay or he can wing it and see how it progresses. But at least he knows his A1c was slightly elevated and that he needs to be more conscious of his carb intake. We'll just wait and see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment