Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 123

5:30 p.m.
Went to the doctor today and had a very good report. My A1c is down from 12.46 in January to 5.78 this week. My triglycerides are also down - down far enough that my doctor took me off the $100/month medicine that had no generic. WooHoo!


We discussed my fasting number and he said they are okay. he said I should not be concerned about them as long as they are below 120. So I will work on not obsessing over them for a while.


But there is also a down side. My LDL is slightly higher than it's suppose to be so he put me on a statin. But it comes in a (cheaper) generic. My overall was slightly high, but my HDL was pretty good. I don't see the highs as significantly high - just slightly. Hopefully the new med will help get that in check. So, my numbers were:
HDL 61 (40 or above is good)
LDL 114 (100 or below is preferred)
Total is 207 (200 or below is preferred)
Triglycerides 87 (90 or below is preferred - but I may have that "preferred" wrong since I didn't write down what he said for that number.)


And, back to good report. My weight is down a little. Well, more than a little if you factor in weight loss from October. I had not realized I was down from October when I was diagnosed back in January. Actually 19 pounds. It's a shame you can't see it when you look at me. Oh well, the scales say it so it is so! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment