Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 101

4:45 p.m.
Fasting BG was 107. Not sure how the post-breakfast and post-lunch numbers were since I did not test. It wasn't the day to test post breakfast again and I wasn't back home in time to test post-lunch after going out for Chinese lunch. 


We had no power since 5:45 in the a.m. and since we had already planned to go out today it worked out okay as we were still without power. It was convenient that the morning storms passed over before time to go out, but we are at the front edge of the next round now. After lunch we drove down the road a few miles from our house and looked at the trees that had been  snapped off about 10-12 feet above ground - nothing left of them but the 10-12 ft trunks with raw wood feathered where they were ripped in two. A lot of houses down there had trees on them and even more had trees completely uprooted in the yards. Kinda sad really. I feel so bad for those people having to deal with the damage and property loss.


I really wanted to test Chinese restaurant Sesame Chicken since I love it so much. I guess next time I will carry my test kit even if I do expect to be back home in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment