Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 98

10:45 p.m.
Wow, almost let the day get away from me without a update. 


Fasting BG was 111. I ate my peanut butter snack last night, g=but it doesn't seem to have helped much. I had my oatmeal for breakfast. I didn't check post breakfast - I know it was high because oatmeal is one of those healthy foods that will hit my sugar hard.


Had a really good lunch today. I cooked a baked ham, carrots, green beans and pan fried potatoes. I ate all except the potatoes. The potatoes were not even a temptation today since they are what we call Pan-fried Potatoes - that is where I slice them in rounds (or half-rounds if the potatoes are large) and slice a medium size onion the same thickness and then fry them slow in olive oil till they are tender. Then I bump the heat and fry them and keep them turned until they get some brown on them. Terry loves them that way and since I don't eat onion they didn't tempt me at all. :D
I did have a generous portion of baked ham and a half cup each of the green beans and carrots. It was delicious and filling and when I tested at 1.5 hour after the meal my BG was only 86, so that made me very happy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment