Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 92

6:15 p.m.
Fasting BG was good - 95. Hopefully changing the time I take my nighttime dose of Metformin is the solution. I have had more lower numbers since changing the time. Not tons more, but 3 of 5 have been below 100, 1 of 5 was exactly 100 and the last was 105, which is better than the ones that were coming in at 115- 117.

Woke up dreading that it was Monday and exercise day again, but I got over that pretty fast when I got on the Wii Fit board and found I had dropped almost 2 lbs since last Thursday. Every little bit helps! :)

So far I can honestly say that the only things I have cut out of my diet completely are regular soda, regular hot chocolate and "added sugar". The diet sodas I switched too are very satisfying in regards to my infrequent desire for a carbonated soda. I have no problem using Splenda or Truvia for the "added sugars". But the sugar-free hot chocolate leaves a lot to be desired. And it's not the fact that it is not as sweet as the regular version because I could easily remedy that with some Truvia. No, it's the fact that it doesn't mix up as smooth and creamy as the regular and if I don't drink it quick enough it seems to kinda start congealing or something. I'm not sure whats up with that, but I don't care for it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment