Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 83

Well, I was so busy all day yesterday that I missed another posting. Some good bust, some less good busy and some just entertaining a 6 year old in a most mundane way for hours on end busy. But, none-the-less my day got away from me again. 

Fasting BG was 116 - going to blame that on a late snack of sugar free cookies instead of my spoonful of peanut butter.

Other than that I will share an article I read on Diabetes and depression.

It seems that people with Diabetes have a higher risk of so many things JUST because we have Diabetes. Depression is added to that list. According to this article depression affects people with diabetes more often than people without it — up to 15 percent compared with 6.7 percent in the general population. 

I have dealt with some mild depression off & on these past couple of months. I generally tell myself to get over it, but I realize that the longer I live with this disease the more I will deal with bouts of Depression. Hopefully I will always be able to walk out of the depression as easy as I can now - throe myself a 3 minute Pity party and move on. 
Read the full article here: Type 2 diabetes and depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment