Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 96

2:55 p.m.
Fasting BG was the highest it has been since my numbers started coming down in the first 40 days - it was 129. I don't know whether to blame a later dinner hour or the one margarita I had with dinner. 


I have had margarita with lunch and it did not significantly impact my BG when tested an hour & a half after eating, but I don't know if it actually impacts it at a slower rate and would therefore have shown up had I tested at an approximate interval after lunch. This one would be worth testing out, but would require me to have a margarita at lunch one day and than not eat anything for about 12 hours to test again. 


Another option is to test the margarita at supper-time, but with an earlier eating time.


And another culprit could be that I did not eat a bedtime snack - with a late supper I simple was nut hungry enough to want or to eat a bedtime snack.


Of course I could cast a wary eye at the time of my meal since it was later than I usually eat. I try to eat between 5:30 - 6:30 and last night I met friends at a restaurant at 7:00 and probably did not get food in me until close to 7:45. Doesn't seem like much a a delay to have had that kind of impact on my fasting, but every thing I do impacts the numbers and any small variable can cause a major shift it numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment