Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 77

10:00 a.m.
Fasting BG was back down to 92! WooHoo (woo hoo, but not gonna get tooo excited since I know if I sneeze or even if I just turn on the TV my BG can change on me). But, since it was down to a level I prefer to see I ate my oatmeal for breakfast and tested that - BG 135 - well within the acceptable range. The starting number makes so much difference.

And, to be honest, I can not say there was anything particularly different in last night than in so many nights, but small variables play such a big part. 

One small variable was that my supper BG was pretty low for a post-meal number - 110 - and that was from having eaten two tamales (canned version, don't do any homemade tamales) topped with half a cup of niblet corn and then enhanced with half a cup of Velveeta Cheese Dip (the spicy version made with HOT ro-tel tomatoes - I really prefer my Velveeta Cheese Dip to be spicy).

A second small variable could be that I ate my after supper snack a little later than I had been because I was otherwise distracted until late. So it was about 11:45 before I ate the spoonful of peanut butter. 

Now, I can't replicate the supper every night (well I could but I wouldn't want to) but it should be easy enough to test the theory of a "really" late after dinner snack making the difference. That I will test out tonight and hope that makes some difference.

And a third variable could be the fact that after I missed two doses of meds I have made a strong effort to take my nighttime meds (hubby has been reminding me every night also - but I still intend to place a small travel alarm in the kitchen where my pill box sits).

Like I said, small things affect the BG so much. It is almost like shooting at fast-moving super-small targets.

No comments:

Post a Comment