Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 93

2:00 p.m.
Fasting BG was 103 - fifty/fifty now. Tomorrow better be below because I really want the trend to lean that way by a greater percentage.


Just read an interesting article on a way to test BG without finger-sticks. And while I have only been victim to finger-sticks for three months I am certainly already tired of the constant blood-letting. Sometimes it doesn't seem so bad and sometimes it seems to hurt more than most. And then there are finger-sticks like to day that didn't want to form a pretty little bubble of blood for my test strip to suck up so I have to give the fingertip a gentle squeeze and *POP* a stream of blood shot out and sprayed my arm and my shorts! I told Terry that if I ever disappear he will be under suspicion for all the DNA and blood samples they are subject to finding!


Anyway, I digress, back to the stick-less monitoring. If this pans out I hope the meter is not too expensive and I hope insurance will cover most if not all the cost. But that is all future concerns - not going to worry about that now since I have enough to worry about today without borrowing from tomorrow. Here is a link to the article on the new non-invasive monitor: Non-invasive Blood Glucose Monitor Closer to Market

No comments:

Post a Comment