Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 88

1:50 p.m.
I had a good fasting number today - 95. Now, I'm not going to get my hopes up too much, but I made a change to the time I take my Metformin and I'm hoping that is where the improvement comes from. 

I take my first dose right after breakfast - usually between 8 & 9 in the mornings. I was then taking my second dose around the time I ate supper - usually between 5 & 7 in the evenings. So that is less than 12 hours between the first & second dose but anywhere from 13 to 16 hours between the second dose and the next days first dose. 

I read an article about high fasting numbers and one of the points was to adjust when you take blood sugar lowering medication. ARTICLE HERE
So I thought about that and thought that logically the 2 doses need to be spaced as evenly apart as possible. I will take it later in the evening again tonight & see how this pans out. *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment