Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 80

1:45 p.m.
Fasting BG was 101 again. Sure wish I knew what was different those 2 nights that it went below 100. Oh the riddles of Diabetes. 

Well, that didn't stop me from eating my oatmeal. And whats more . . . I didn't check post breakfast to see what number I was at. Oatmeal is one of those foods that hits my BG more than others, but it is suppose to be good fro me, so what am I to do?

Had BLT's for lunch. I will check post lunch, but I expect the number to be decent since it has tested decent after BLT's in the past. Of course it could surprise me. Diabetes seems to like to do that to you - check decent with the same food four or five times and then throw a higher reading in there just for kicks.

Didn't get my exercises yesterday so I had to do those today. My granddaughter was dropped off shortly after breakfast and was here until lunch. Throws my whole game plan off. And, yes, I could have done my exercises in the afternoon, but I prefer the mornings. For two reasons: 1) help counter-balance the impact of breakfast that follows a high fasting BG 2) it is cooler in the mornings and I get hot and sweaty enough with morning exercises. If I wait until afternoon the sun has warmed the house up enough that I am near miserable - even with the air conditioning on. I just really prefer to exercise before lunch. And missing yesterday just means i now have to exercise three days in a row rather than my normal 2 days on 1 off  2 on and skip the weekends. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment