Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 18

9:00
BG looking good! I am trying new recipes (simple ones of course) and some so simple as to grate hard Parmesan cheese and bake it into crackers. They taste salty. They also smell funky when they are baking, but they don't smell funky when they have cooled and I eat them. This will be a "go to" when I need that salty snack. And, since I learned with baking chicken coated in Panko bread crumbs that even cooking spray does not prevent stuff from sticking to the pan, aluminum foil or wax paper, I ordered a silpat silicon baking mat and waited for it to arrive before I even attempted these cheese snacks. Wow! I love that silpat mat! Love it so much that I sat down last night and ordered me a larger version so I can bake Panko chicken in bigger batches.

I found a recipe on Diabetic Connect that I am going to try. It is called Taco bake. The crust is made using cream cheese, eggs and shredded cheddar. Other stuff too, but I don't have the recipe in front of me so I forget what else. But not flour or cornmeal - which reduces the carbs tremendously! It is definitely worth a try, even if I never make it but once.

Okay, exercise time. Hopefully I will do better today than yesterday and I will actually come back later to post more.

3:00
So, let me tell you what I learned today. I learned that Almond milk does not want to be chocolate milk. I had Terry pick me up some sugar-free chocolate syrup when he went to Wal-Mart earlier today and as soon as he got home I mixed me up a glass. I guess when it didn't want to dissolve easily into the almond milk I should have known. I just figured it had to do with the difference it the consistency of almond milk as opposed to dairy milk. I stirred long enough to get it to actually mix up. I certainly wasn't going to give up too quick. But when I had it mixed well and drank it I was really rather disappointed. Oh, it didn't taste bad. It just didn't taste good. It actually just tasted like the almond milk tastes straight from the carton. 

Well, nothing ventured - nothing gained. At least I have a bottle of sugar-free chocolate syrup and I can get some sugar-free ice cream one day and have a sugar-free sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment