Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 33

8:30
BG is still good and I must be feeling better - I actually worked on crafts and in my craft room a few days this week (if you wanna see what I've worked on just click to see my complete profile and there you will find a link to Perpetual Playtime - my crafty blog) and I have been waking up before my 8:00 alarm this week. I like that. I want to wake before the alarm - I only set the alarm for 8: 00 so that if I do sleep in, I still don't sleep my day away. But being up before the alarm means I get an earlier start on things and I feel as if I have more hours in my day. :D

5:15 p.m.
It is interesting what affects my BG and what doesn't. I haven't tested the things that my "really" good sense says to avoid such as regular soda or regular hot chocolate, but I have tested out a few other things that didn't impact my BG as much as I expected it to. For example, for lunch today Terry brought home corn dogs from a short order grill at a truck stop not too far away. I figured they would make a significant impact and that I would pay for it with having to eat a totally carb-free supper. But when I checked my BG 1.5 hours after I ate my BG was only 101. I have also eaten half a potato at two different meals and they didn't hit my BG like pasta does. So far that is the one food that I know for certain will shoot my numbers up - pasta.


And, I could probably say regular hot chocolate, regular soda or true-to-the South Sweet Tea, but those are the things I am not willing to test. Those I will just go forward as if I had tested them and that they had failed. If for no other reason than because those are the first things I eliminated completely and my BG has been getting better & better. So those items are guilty by circumstantial evidence! 


Beef Stew for supper - I threw in extra carrots so that I can dish up mostly carrots in my dish. No cornbread with our stew tonight. For one, I have no dairy milk in the house at the moment. And for another, I've had my allotment of bread for the day when I ate the batter on the corn dogs for lunch. :/

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried whole wheat Pasta? Believe me I love it....I really have not been able to tell the differance and it does not affect me as badly as the traditional pasta's....Give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete