Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 46

12:10 p.m.
My cereal failed the BG post exercise test. It was lower after the exercise, but higher than I need it to be - 162. I guess cereal is on it's way out. I will slowly finish off what I have in the kitchen, but I won't be replacing it with more cereal. 

And today, for the first day since my diagnosis I actually forgot to take my fasting BG test! But, in my own defense, my day has been slightly off anyway. Started off with a text message from my daughter that woke me and once I responded to her I sat at my desk waiting for her reply - which never came. When my hubby came upstairs from his basement Man-Cave I realized I had not started coffee yet so I immediately moved to the kitchen. Got the coffee going & went out to my carport to bring in some Pampered Chef things my daughter had dropped off. Got distracted looking at my new items and once I had those looked over good i moved right back tot he coffee pot and a new dilemma. This one surrounds the fact that my granddaughter was dropped off yesterday afternoon and this caused me to be further thrown off by knowing that within five minutes of waking she always starts asking for food. So now I was trying to decide if I should postpone my cereal test until next week when she will not be here. Obviously I decided to go forth with the test today. I just went ahead and prepared what I could before I started exercising so that when she woke and asked for breakfast I could easily finish it up in five minutes or less. As I prepared hers I also prepared mine except that for mine I went ahead and poured in the milk and doctored my coffee and proceeded to eat. It was not until I was about half way through my exercise that I realized I forgot the fasting test. Oh well, sometimes life happens . :/

No comments:

Post a Comment