Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 44

10:45 a.m.
BG was up after breakfast, but I expected that since I ate the same cereal breakfast that shot it up on Saturday morning. But after exercise it was down to 96. I expected that too since I have already determined that exercise makes my BG drop, sometimes too low, but always a drop. 

So, next I will test a theory and see how it works out. Today I ate breakfast at 8:00 a.m., tested at 9:30 - BG 244, exercised 9:30 - 10:30, tested at 10:30 - BG 96. So, since tomorrow is my exercise off day I will test Thursday morning by eating the same cereal breakfast at 8:00 a.m., start exercises within the next 10-20 minutes so as to be finished by 1.5 hour mark for the post breakfast test. This way I can see if locking those two, my cereal breakfast and my exercise, will keep my BG where it should be. Of course I will discuss this with my doctor when I report my BG reading to him next week on Friday.

Exercise was still a struggle, but I don't think I felt the struggle until the last 5 minutes or so. One reason is because for the first 10 minutes of the second 20-minutes session I added a bottle of water to each hand and concentrated on working some arm exercises. Each bottle weighs 18oz according to my kitchen scales, even though they are 16oz bottles of water. Go figure. That's okay, I just wanted to be sure they weighed at least 16 oz.  

I sure hope I'm going to be able to stand the heat once summer hits because right now I have to get into shorts and a tank top, pull my hair up off my neck and turn the ceiling fan on high just to keep from dying from the heat!  Summer may be a killer for me - eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment