Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 56

5:30 p.m.
BG good. 101 for my fasting and 107 after lunch. Which was good since we went out for lunch and I had Buffalo Chicken Fingers and Fried Mozzarella Cheese sticks at Logan's Steak House. I was afraid the batter on the chicken AND on the cheese sticks might have pushed my sugar up a little more than that, but it didn't and I'm glad for that!

This next week will be Spring Break and I will have my grandson here with me. If my daughter would ever send me the recipe she has for the chicken casserole he likes then I might get to make that this week and test it against my BG numbers. We'll see. (Updated at 6:20 p.m. - just got off the phone with my daughter and I now have said recipe. - I see another "test" in my near future - LOL)

Going to test a theory on my fasting numbers. I've been looking into it, and while I don't think my fasting numbers are high enough to be considered the "Dawn Phenomenon", they have been higher this past week, but I had also been eating the Murray's Sugar Free cookies for my late snack rather than my Hot n' Spicy Pork Skins. Cookies have some carbs, but not what I considered 'high', whereas the pork skins have no carbs. So, it's a theory, but I have to test it out. If I don't figure out what has caused my fasting number to be slightly higher than I want then I will never have it low enough to retest the oatmeal! So yep, test the late snack then test the oatmeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment